Thursday 12 February 2015

Motivation...

I'm in a little dip of motivation right now. Can't quite put my finger on it, though I've found it easier to laze on the sofa grinding levels of Drop Assault rather than head to the cave and pick up the brush over the last two weeks...

That said, I have done something, which is make a start on my next piece. I mentioned her in a previous post, but for those who haven't seen, she is Shido'ni and she was a private piece sculpted by Christian Hardy

She appears to be some kind of fighter/survivor in a desert, so I've done a very simple cracked earth type of base (not shown here) that is actually a resin base I modified slightly.
The colour scheme is largely going to be ochre and sandy tones, with her face likely to have goggles marks and some sun/wind burn.
I'm not certain what I'll do with the hair and cloak yet. I think maybe some camo design to the cloak perhaps, but I'm tempted to use a bold colour for her hair...





So far I have airbrushed some general light and shade, using yellow/cream for the light, and blue/brown for the shading. I then started to work on the torso and exposed shoulder pad. There's a long way to go, but it is working OK for now.

It probably doesn't show in the photos, but she is rather little (32mm to the eyes), but Christian has crammed a lot of good details in there. She is also a very simple assembly - I think that she was just two pieces - with very little clean up needed. So, a really cool, quick, build-and-paint model. Hopefully she'll come out nicely.

More hopefully, I'll get a little more enthusiasm going and push on not just with her, but also with the other pieces that are either in the queue or primed ready to go.

Fingers crossed! ^_-

No comments:

Post a Comment