Friday 5 December 2014

Slow steps towards 2015...

Hopefully this won't be my last episode before the time of turkey, toys and alcohol, but if it is... Happy Christmas and all that. Hope that you get lots of lovely stuff and get lovely and stuffed too! ^_^

I suspect that this year won't be bringing me any mini related stuff, but I'm happy with that because I'm sure that I have too much as it is! That said though, a recent visit to IKEA led me to eye spy some new display cabinets to rival the classic Detolf, all glass ones. The new ones are called Nornas, I've linked the single one, but there is also a double and some smaller wall box type ones. I feel some home improvements coming on!

In terms of minis, I've been a little off course just lately. Various illnesses for the family and myself have left me tired, the current season of Walking Dead had its mid-run finale (too much drama), Xmas shopping and so on, have all kept me away from the table or dampened the enthusiasm a touch. Oh, and I've taken up pilates too, cos I'm fed up with getting stupid back, hip and shoulder niggles all of the time...

As a result, I've obviously not made all that much progress. The Lion God hasn't moved on at all, so there's nothing to show there. The Visionaries vignette I was hoping to have complete by now has progressed, but there's a good few hours to go with it yet...












What I can also now show though is another of the Kingdom Death Pinups that I did a few months back with its accompanying article. This was perhaps the most recognisable of KD's models, the Twilight Knight Pinup (aka Alison)...






The article can be found here - LINKY 1

And further images can be found in my P&P gallery - LINKY 2 - and my CMON gallery too - LINKY 3

She was great fun to paint, and I went a little extra blingy with the remodelled sword that comes with the plastic version (it matches the Twilight sword of the male sculpt). I've painted her in the past too as a larger sculpt, so she was fun to revisit and see what progress I may have made...

Other than that, I've just completed an interview for Figure Painter Magazine, so keep an eye out for that, though I'm sure I'll mention it again when it comes out! ^o^

So, for now, keep warm, enjoy the works xmas parties, the booze and the food binges.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment